The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology is committed to excellence in teaching, training and research. Our goal is to shape the future of health care and improve the quality of lives through the training and production of highly skilled and efficient Pharmacists and Pharmacologists. We prepare students for successful careers in industry, community practice, scientific research, academia, or government. Our Research Areas include Chemotherapy/Drug Discovery, Clinical Pharmacology, Drug Safety & Toxicology, Neuropharmacology & Immunopharmacology, and Molecular Pharmacology.
To shape the future of health care and improve the quality of lives through the training and production of highly skilled and efficient pharmacologists...Read More...
- Train future pharmacist and scientists in the discipline of pharmacology and toxicology who will be involved in the development of new treatment strategies.
- Improve the quality of education and professional performance of pharmacists, raise the value of scientific research and promote community service in Nigeria with highly efficient pharmacists.
- To increase the critical mass of high quality sustainable pharmacist/pharmacologist teachers and researchers who will strengthen our University and research in the pharmaceutical sciences
- To provide pharmacy students with most recent topics in pharmacology and toxicology... Read More…
- To graduate highly competent students through the use of a competency-based curriculum.
- To establish a suitable environment for research in the pharmaceutical sciences.
- To participate in community service activities.